Monday, January 16, 2006

Google, who knew?

I have always been a fan of Google, searching, Froogle, Gmail, Google Earth, and of other things that I have heard is on the horizon for them. Today I even found out about Blogger, another Google project.

Today I was contacted by a talent scout at Google. Who knew that they were hiring? I mean honestly, I never thought of the people behind what seemed like a simple search engine. How do they make money? It seems like everything they make is for free, and better than any other free service out there. Can there be that much money to be made from advertising alone?

Maybe I will have an interview and maybe I will ask them the tough questions. Or maybe I will just get the interview and do all I can to still seem appealing after they meet me in person. Or maybe I won't get the interview at all. Who knows, but that was definitely one of the more interesting things that has happend to me lately.

No comments: